Wednesday, June 15, 2011

lift me up from samsara sagara

shri krishna  rukminikantha, gopijana manohara, samsara sagare magnam mamuddhara jagath guro!------This is an invocation to SRI KRISHNA from gopalapurvatapani upanisad.. this is one of the rare one which i have not come across.  here the saint is  addressing krishna,the beloved spouse of Rukmini, the captivator of the hearts of gopis, oh! lord of the universe lift me up from this samsara [births and deaths] as i am submerged deeply. Here author  says that due to my previous karmas i have taken the birth. as such even in the womb of my mother i was uncomfortable. ofcourse even after birth i had to face sukha and dukhas, which afer all were temporary as these were based upon  my vishaya vasnas. which any way doesn,t give me immense happiness. now i find that only supreme lord can lift me up from the world of plurality. so i sincerely pray to you  to mlift me up so that i can understand  the supreme reality.Jagat guro stands for Krishna the supreme teacher who gave Arjuna the upanishadic sara in Baghavath Geeta.

No comments:

Post a Comment